Body Building Tips
1. Protein helps in muscle growth and muscle building programs - 2g of high quality protein per kilogram of bodyweight: Eggs, meat, poultry, cottage cheese, grains.
Drink protein shakes which is the best muscle gainer/building supplements during and after workouts.
2. Increase your calorie intake by 500 calories to gain body and muscle mass. Take more frequent meals (5-6 meals per day). You can also take one of the best muscle building supplements out there.
They provide calorie+carbs+creatine combo which is great for mass gain. Check these Best Mass Gainers
3. Do not overdo on "cardio" exercises. Calories must not be spent as energy during these exercises. It is best kept for building muscle mass.
4. Carbohydrates drives amino acids into muscles and it is important to take a carbs-rich meal before and after workouts. However, It is good to know that some researchers believe that carbohydrate rich diet is not recommended for muscle growth as it makes a spike in insulin levels which consequently inhibit growth hormones that stimulates muscle building.
5. Keep yourself well hydrated - drink plenty of water throughout the day
6. Train frequently but do not over-strain your muscles during training. This will lead to muscle injury. You need to train the whole body, do not concentrate on the biceps only.
7. Have a consistent workout schedule and consistent diet
8. Avoid sugar. Go for low-Cal sports drinks, unsweetened foods.
9. As in all activities, Recovery is a very important factor which leads to success. Recovery is important after workouts and good rest & sleep are essential. 8 hours sleep per day is a recommended norm.